Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bacon, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad

So I woke up this morning and all I was thinking about was that I wanted bacon for breakfast! Not sure what I was going to make it with but I haven't had crispy bacon in ages. As usual, Lou opted for the bacon and egg sandwich but for me... I wasn't really craving egg. I thought... "hhmm.. maybe I'll have a BLT". Uh.. no. No salad in the house. So, I looked at what was in the fridge and I thought.. "I know, I'll have a bacon, cucumber, and tomato salad!".


I've never made it before or tried it before but I thought that I'd try it anyway. I have to say... I liked it. It was fresh, simple, with a touch of salt from the crispy bacon. And when I say crispy... I LOVE my bacon crispy to the point where you can hear it snap when you break it in half.

Here's the recipe. You can choose how much of the ingredients you want but this is what I used for 1 serving.

1 vine ripened tomato sliced
1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
thinly sliced onion (I wanted to use red onion but didn't have any). I don't like loads of onions in my salad so I literally only used about 7 thin slices for my salad.
5 pieces of bacon cooked til crispy.. REALLY CRISPY!
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon slice

- Mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and bacon in a bowl.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil to your liking.
- Add the dried oregano and lemon juice and mix all of the ingredients together and serve!

Voila!




No comments: