Monday, September 10, 2007

Stir-fried chicken with cashews & coriander rice



I was surfing the net today looking for something different to cook. When I say different, I mean something outside of my usual menu of chicken pasta, fish or chicken with mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy, Mc Donald's, KFC, and lasagna with chips (yeah I know. It's weird. It's a british thing. Chips go with everything apparently). I wanted something fresh that had a lot of flavour. I came across the BBC GoodFood website and found a lot of great recipes that I want to try this week.

For today, I decided to try the Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashews & Coriander Rice. I thought, "Oh how I miss cashews in cooking." This is the perfect recipe for savory sweet & sour flavours and the freshness of coriander". So, I wrote down the ingredients and headed for the grocery store. Ok, I'm not a professional cook and I'm sad to say that I didn't know that coriander & cilantro were the same thing. :o( But hey, you learn something new everyday! I know that in the UK, it's referred to as Coriander and I've used it a lot there but never really cooked with it here so I had to ask for help from one of the people who work in produce.

Unfortunately, because I didn't start cooking until about 7pm, I didn't get the natural light that I wanted from outside so the pictures aren't as good as I wanted them to be. How sad... it's starting to get dark early!!

The recipe was so easy and only took about 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Now that's what I'm talking about!!

No comments: